Activation of windows on a PC ensures that the copy of the windows installed in one’s PC is original and not a pirated one. Also, it ensures that it is used by the Microsoft Software License Terms. Also, it makes sure that a user uses the licensed copy of the Windows and keeps the person on the right side of the law. So, if a user is looking for the answer to the question that How To Check Windows 10 Activation, then the user has come to the right place. As in this article, the user will get to know all possible ways of activating windows 10 on a PC.
In this article, a user will get to know about all the possible ways to activate Windows 10 on a PC. In general, there are three ways for the activation of Windows 10 in a PC. It includes through the Settings menu, using the Command Prompt, and through the run command. The above three methods apply to all the devices whether it is a Desktop or a laptop.
First Comes Through The Settings Menu
With the launch of Windows 10 in the market. Microsoft also launched the feature that a person can check the activation of the operating systems in the setting menu. However, the method is proved to be one of the simplest forms for checking the activation with few clicks. But at the same time, the method is only applicable for windows 10.
If the user is using an older version then there is a need to update the version or the user can skip to the next method.
- For this, the user needs to open the settings app. The user can open the settings through “Windows key + I” or the user can just right click on the start button and from there can choose the settings option.
- Now in the settings window, the user needs to choose the option of “Update & Security”.
- Now on the next page, the user needs to choose the option for Activation. The option is present on the left sidebar. From here the user can see the details for the activation of windows.
Prior, to this Microsoft allowed the users to check the activation of the windows from the Cpanel. So, if the user is using an older version then the user can simply follow “Control Panel -> System”. From here the user can see the activation status.
Second Comes The Command Prompt
The method described above was the simplest and the easiest way for checking the activation of windows 10. But at the same time was available only on the version Windows 10 and above that. If the user is using an older version that includes windows 7, 8, 8.1. Then the user can use the following method. The method applies to windows 10 also.
- First, the user needs to open the Command Prompt in Admin mode. Now to search for the Command Prompt in the Windows Search Bar, the user needs to choose the option of “Run as Administrator”. The option is present on the right panel.
- Now the user needs to copy and paste the following command in the command prompt and then the user needs to hit enter.
Now the user needs to replace
/xpr to check the license status. Moreover, if the user has the activation key and wants to activate it at the moment. Then the user needs to replace the same with
It will give the user the option of entering the key and then activation the windows. After the activation is complete the PC is bringing a popup message which states that the windows have been activated. Now if the copy of the windows is licensed then the message will show as “License Status: Licensed”.
Third Comes The Run Command
Just like the above-mentioned method. This method also works on older versions of Windows including the Windows 10 version.
- For this, the user can run the above-mentioned command in the run function to check if the windows are activated or not.
- Now to open the run command dialogue box the user needs to click “Windows key + R”. After the user can copy and paste the command as slmgr.vbs /dlv. Then the user needs to hit enter and then has to press on the OK option present at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- After that, the same popup will come as the last method that will show the activation of the windows. Also, the user can change the command to slmgr.vbs /xpr to see the following message.
So, that’s all was about the Checking Windows 10 Activation on a PC. Also, we hope that the user has got the answer to the query that How To Check Windows 10 Activation.